Saturday, 25 July 2026

Teddy Swims

 Well, that was a long interlude! I always find that last run before the school holidays delivers quite a punishing schedule as I try to juggle work, sports days, end of school shows and church services. Non-uniform day, cake sale day, everything. I lose track and so the thought of squeezing a blog post in too would be enough to tip me over the edge.

Gratuitous Thelma photo


Here we are now though, well into the 7 week summer break. If we could just get some consistency on the weather now that would be fabulous but, probably also too much to hope for. 

Back at the end of 2025, the chap managed to bag us some tickets to one of the sold out Teddy Swims concerts at Scarborough Open Air Theatre, and Thursday it was time to go. We were so excited.

Despite some very changeable weather recently Thursday was perfect. Blue skies and sunshine. I didn’t mean to dress like a cowgirl, but I’ve been watching a lot of Nashville lately so I think it was subconscious.

Boots - Carvela, dress - Ralph Lauren, Jacket - Oasis (via Vinted), Bag - Prada, Hat - Monsoon


We started the evening with Pizza and cocktails at the Crowne spa hotel. I have a gym membership there so we get money off the food, and the pizzas are delicious. They probably negate anything I do in the gym to be fair.



Then we made our way to the sea front, stopping at Inc. Social for more cocktails before jumping on the open top bus to the open air theatre.




We always tend to buy some merch at concerts. It’s expensive but for us it’s part of the experience and, personally I love pulling out a merch t-shirt years later and remembering the concert I got it from. Then I we bought some (massively overpriced) drinks and settled into our seats. 



Sitting in the sun sipping wine, waiting for the venue to fill up and the acts to start, was rather lovely.



The gig itself was amazing. Not only is Teddy Swims astoundingly talented, but so were all of his musicians and backing singers. Throughout the show he was taking items up onto stage and signing them for people and just seemed so down to earth.



One little girl had a banner saying it was her first concert and Teddy Swims signed the banner. What a first concert experience. After the show we caught the open top bus back along the sea front, sitting downstairs inside because previous experience tells me it’s freezing on the top deck at night. We’d had an absolutely amazing time.



Now I’m prepping for more summer adventures. Heaven forbid I’d stop to catch my breath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment