Millington is a quaint village in the Yorkshire Wolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). A few months back I volunteered to take part in a 10 mile walk there, organised by work to raise money for Guide Dogs. I used to do a lot of hiking, although I’m terribly out of practice now, as my legs testified to after the walk.
Last Friday it was time to do the walk. I met a group of colleagues bright and early and we were lead out on the circular walk by guides from Yorkie Talkies.
There was a certain joy in not logging on to sit at my desk on a Friday morning and instead spending the day walking and getting to know people I work with better. There were hills, and it was demanding but the views were worth it.
There’s not really a lot to write about a hike other than how restorative it can feel just being out in nature, walking.
It took around 4 hours, then we finished up in the cafe with tea and cake. I can’t lie, I was aching that night and so stiff, but what a joyful experience it was.









No comments:
Post a Comment